Unlike traditional golf, people play disc golf on uneven terrain where stability and comfort should be your maximum priority while playing. Disc golf shoes come in various sizes, qualities, and forms, and not everyone is suited for every one of them. Moreover, the shoes you’ll pick will determine your enjoyment out of the game the most.
Below we reviewed some of the best disc golf shoes currently in the market. As a bonus, we also added a comprehensive buying guide on what to look for when you buy your perfect disc golf shoes. So, without further ado, let’s get into the top picks for the best disc golf shoes available today!
Best Disc Golf Shoes in 2021
There are multiple options to choose from when you go to the perfect disc golf shoe market. We’re going to help you pick out the ideal pair; that’s why we curated a list below of the best disc golf shoes.
1. Best Disc Golf Shoes: Adidas Terrex Swift R2 GTX Disc Golf Shoe – Best Overall
Adidas is one of the top suppliers for disc gold shoes, and they are currently dominating this field. We can clearly understand easily by looking at Terrex Swift R2; this is one rugged shoe. It is also one of the affordable shoes in its class; similar shoes from other companies cost more.
This shoe was built in such a way that it will accompany you for a long while. The Traxion rubber outsole provides pretty good traction and grip while running on various surfaces. The waterproof membrane lining makes it water-resistant so that you can enjoy the rainy weather without the fear of wet shoes. The unique ADIPRENE insertion gives this shoe a superior shock absorption capability.
- Lightweight build
- Quite affordable in its class
- Waterproof membrane lining
- ADIPRENE insertion for superior shock absorption
- It can take a long time to break-in
2. Best Disc Golf Shoes: Adidas Men’s Rockadia Trail Runner - Best Comfort
If you’re looking for a pair of solid disc golf shoes that won’t break your pocket, then this might be worth considering. Adidas Rockadalia is quite a good pair of shoe, might come in relatively cheap depending on the color.
They provide you with a good amount of breathability with a light mesh and a knit upper sole. For cushioning your fit while running, you get a cloudfoam-made sole. Moreover, the ortholite liner will guarantee your comfort along with the Traxion outsole for a good amount of grip while running.
- Solidly priced shoes depending on the color
- Cloudfoam-made sole will provide good comfort
- Light mesh for breathability
- Traxion outsole will provide good grip
- No water resistance
3. Best Disc Golf Shoes: Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4 - Best Lacing System
Salomon Men’s are some of the classic offerings to choose from when it comes to disc golf shoes. These are super lightweight pair of shoes that feels super good to wear outside. And you’ll wear them a lot, cause they have some of the best grips that we’ve experienced. They’re also quite durable; these shoes will accompany you for quite a while.
One of the best features has to be the quick lacing system; these are pretty easy and convenient to wear during any situation. The contra grip rubber sole provides enough comfort along with the anti-debris mesh that keeps the shoe clean.
- Provides amazing grip
- Anti-debris mesh keeps the shoe clean
- Quick lacing system ensures easy wear
- Quite durable and lightweight
- Relatively narrow for some feet
4. Best Disc Golf Shoes: Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Vent Hiking Shoe – Best Leather
This another excellent example of a hiking shoe that also fits superbly well with the disc golfers. Merell makes some of the best shoes currently available on the market, which is true of these pairs. High-quality leather mesh guarantees protection from any kind of damage during gameplay. These also felt very durable and grippy during our playtime.
The air cushion on the heel is quite suitable for shock absorption and durability. These pairs equip a protective rubber top that keeps your toe safe.
- Very durable and grippy
- The leather mesh ensures good protection
- Air cushions provide excellent shock absorption
- Included rubber top is suitable for toe safety
- Toes can feel discomfort during extended wears
5. Best Disc Golf Shoes: New Balance Men’s 410 V6 Trail Running Shoe – The Balanced One
The New Balance 410V6 are reasonably priced options if you’re into disc golf games. They are pretty decent in terms of quality. You can wear them pretty comfortably, too, during those long disc golf games. Also, they are pretty durable and grippy while we tested them for us.
They come with a mesh sole build-out of synthetic material, but they are pretty soft and durable. Along with the cushioning, the rubber outsole gives them a good outlook and a pretty decent grip.
- Decent build quality
- The synthetic mesh feels quite soft and durable
- The rubber outsole is relatively grippy
- A decent choice for disc golf gamers
- They don’t provide any special perks as shoes
6. Best Disc Golf Shoes: Adidas Outdoor Terrex Ax3 Hiking Boot – The Lightest Shoe
Although this choice from Adidas is made for hikers in mind, they work pretty well in disc golf games. These are some of the best options if you’re into the throwing game, as they provide good grip. The lightweight construction, along with a reinforced rubber sole, provides toughness and durability.
These shoes come with a light EVA midsole that feels pretty soft under the foot. The molded cap can deliver some extra comfort, especially during those constant movements. Included easy lace closing system can help you adjust your shoes within seconds.
- Great for throwing, as it provides excellent grip
- Reinforced rubber sole delivers a good amount of toughness
- The light EVA midsole feels soft
- Easy lace closing system for easy wearing
- The heel can feel a little loose
So, next up on our list, we bring you the PUMA Tarzon, a lightweight shoe that can also work great for disc golf games. This can especially be an excellent choice for people who are throwing shots repeatedly over the practice field. The included cushion will ensure your feet will stay secure and comfortable during those long practice sessions. Lightweight construction along with a slender body will provide excellent control over the footwork.
The sleek outlook, along with some beautiful work, makes them look fantastic. Durability is not their highest point, though; they can get spoiled when pushed a bit far.
- Lightweight construction
- Good for practice sessions
- The slender and sleek body gives them an excellent outlook
- Includes cushions will keep feet safe
- The durability is not so great with them
This is a solid pair of shoes that will work excellently in the disc golf courses. If you’re looking for some extra comfort in your feet, the insole will do the job. The included midsole gives some added cushioning along with extra stability, while the nylon shank is built for additional support.
It is manufactured with premium-quality leather that will resist abrasion and keep the shoes looking new for longer. The versatile design provides enough flexibility for various style golf courses. However rocky or uneven the ground is, these shoes will fill your needs.
- Insole provided extra comfort to feet
- The nylon shank is built for additional support
- Premium-grade leather gives it an excellent outlook with durability
- Flexible for various style golf courses
- Arch support is not so great with these shoes
These shoes are among the top sellers in the market and lies between the midrange class. The top portion has this leather finishing which is also waterproof and durable. They feel pretty sturdy and comfortable for the shoes of this class. The included waterproofing membrane can completely let the vapor out along with a hydrophobic mesh design.
They are an excellent choice for the winter session, as they’ll keep your feet warm and sealed. The 4-millimeter multi-directional lugs are relatively grippy for any kind of grounds. They can get quite expensive, but with their superior waterproofing, the price seems justified.
- Premium leather finishing on the top portion
- Feels quite sturdy and comfortable to wear
- Excellent waterproofing
- Grippy lugs make them suitable for any ground
- These are some heavy shoes
Last but not least, we bring you the Fila Midland, which provides decent performance on disc golf courses at a reasonably low price. If you’re looking for comfort in your feet, these can be a great choice. Along with the padded footbed, the soft midsole can feel super soft and comfy under your foot.
These shoes can do a lot in traction and grip, as the rubberized outside was designed especially for this purpose. They can feel grippy in all kinds of land, but they especially excel in dry fields. The iconic fabric mesh, along with their contrast stitching, enhances the overall appearance of the shoe. Moreover, they provide fantastic breathability to the feet.
- Completely fabric-made
- Rubberized outside gives enough grip
- The fabric mesh provides good breathability
- Affordable option
- The sole doesn’t feel high quality
Disc Golf Shoes Buying Guide
Before buying a good quality disc golf shoe, there are certain things that you might take into consideration:
Well-built shoes might cost a little bit but will be worthwhile in the long run. Check reputed brands for their excellent quality shoes.
The soles have a direct impact on the comfort and longevity of the shoes. Try to go for softer and well-built soles.
As disc golf grounds can get rugged and uneven, a shoe with a good grip will help you in the long matches. Try to go for a shoe with a versatile grip.
Lightweight shoes will help you run better and move within the field. Many of the reputed brands offer quality lightweight shoes.
It’s just a nice to have feature; it won’t be necessary all the time. But when your shoe accidentally gets into a puddle or you’re running through a rainy day- you’ll be thankful for getting a waterproof shoe.
The mesh on the upper side will provide enough breathing room so that your feet don’t get too hot or sweaty during long sessions.
A good quality shoe will definitely improve your playing style in disc golf while keeping your feet safe and comfortable. We tried providing you with the best disc golf shoes you can find on the market right now.
For our personalized recommendation, we think that Adidas Terrex Swift R2 is an excellent choice for everyone. If you’re looking for waterproofing, the KEEN Men’s Targhee II is an excellent option. Fila Midland Trail is also a perfect option for someone looking for affordable shoes.
You can also read: Best Golf Shoes for Walking in 2021